Habe gerade folgende neue Infos gefunden :
PC Matrix Plans to Build Satellites for CyberWorks
By Jason Booth
HONG KONG -- Pacific Century Matrix Ltd., the newly formed joint venture of Pacific Century
Group and DaimlerChrysler Aerospace AG will spend around US$1.5 billion over the next
three to four years to build and launch two satellites, according to company officials.
The primary role of the satellites will be to serve Pacific Century CyberWorks , another
member of the Pacific Century Group, which plans to provide broadband Internet services,
initially in Asia and eventually around the world.
The two satellites will be built by the DaimlerChrysler AG aerospace unit, known as DASA,
which owns 30% of PC Matrix. Pacific Century Group owns the remaining 70%.
Due to the lengthy design and manufacturing process, the satellites are unlikely to enter
service until 2003.
The two satellites should be enough to support all of CyberWorks' needs in Asia in the next
few years, company officials said. More satellites will be built and launched as Cyberworks'
customer base expands, they said, adding that eventually more than 20 satellites could be
launched as the demand arises.
"It will be grow as you go," said Michael Johnson, senior adviser to the chairman's office of
Pacific Century Group. "We will synchronize expansion to meet growing demands and
By employing a conservative growth plan, the hope is that Matrix will be able to turn to banks
and other private lenders in order to finance development and launches, rather than the stock
"If revenue stream is strong enough you can go to the bank to get a loan," Mr. Johnson said.
At this time, there are no plans for Matrix to sell shares to the public, the officials said.
Pacific Century Cyberspace, meanwhile, has been actively tapping the public market for
money. On Monday, the company raised $247.4 million by placing new shares on the Hong
Kong Stock Exchange. And today the company is scheduled to begin a roadshow to pitch
560 million existing shares to international institutional investors.
The relationship between Pacific Century Matrix and Pacific Century Cyberspace should be
mutually beneficial, the executives said. Cyberworks will be able to concentrate on
developing and marketing their Internet service, without having to incur the risks and costs
associated with developing and launching satellites. Matrix, meanwhile, will have a dedicated
customer in Cyberworks, and in time came generate more revenue by leasing excess
capacity to third parties. Though as of yet, no such customers had been lined up.
Until the new satellites are ready, the service will lease space from Asia Satellite
Telecommunications Holdings Ltd. Mr. Johnson said PC Matrix has leased sufficient space
to provide service to between three million and five million customers on satellites owned by
Alexander Arena, group managing director of Pacific Century Cyberworks , said that the
first phase of Cyberworks' service will be unveiled by the end of the year. For now, however,
there isn't a clear blueprint of what the service will look like.
Mr. Arena said until the product is revealed to the public, it is impossible to know exactly
what form the service would take. "We really don't know because people have never used it,"
he said. "The market will decide."
Chris Nichols of Dow Jones Newswires contributed to this article.
(Copyright (c) 1999, Dow Jones & Company, Inc.)
Dieser (beknackte) Zeilenumbruch kommt leider unweigerlich beim Kopieren.
Kann man/frau das eigentlich irgendwie verhindern ?
Auf jeden Fall sieht es für PCC fundamental und technisch sehr gut aus.
Ich werde die nächsten Tage beobachten (nasdaq geht runter...) und werde
peu a peu nachkaufen. Kurse um 1,00 E sollten ok sein.
PCC sind garantiert eine Longterm-Position. Die große Kursexplosion wird im Laufe nächsten Jahres ganz bestimmt kommen (und alle weinen... "hätte ich das vorher gewußt....")