Seite 1 von 1
Neuester Beitrag: 27.11.07 14:13
Eröffnet am:14.02.07 10:33von: BowwarriorAnzahl Beiträge:24
Neuester Beitrag:27.11.07 14:13von: ConnyMLeser gesamt:7.566
Forum:Hot-Stocks Leser heute:4
Bewertet mit:

511 Postings, 7800 Tage BowwarriorNutracea - Nahrung für die Welt

14.02.07 10:33
Ich nehme mir einfach mal heraus einen neuen Nutracea-Thread zu eröffnen, da der alte nach einer tollen Unternehmensentwicklung mittlerweile einen irreführenden Titel trägt...

Für den einen oder anderen ist dies evtl. ein Titel für die persönliche Beobachtungsliste. Selbstverständlich ist die keine Kaufempfehlung, sondern soll dem einen oder anderen die Möglichkeit bieten, sich mit einem in meinen Augen - und in meinem Depot - spannenden Titel auseinandersetzen zu können.

Nutracea ist ein amerikanischer Hersteller von Nahrungsergänzungsmitteln. Das entscheidene Merkmal dabei ist die Nutzung der Reisschale, die bei der gewöhnlichen Behandlung des Reises nach seiner Ernte verloren geht. Wie bei vielen Gemüse oder Obstarten, ist auch in der Schale beim Reis der energiereichste Teil zu finden. Das einzigartige Verfahren der schonenden Behandlung der Reisschale führt zu der Möglichkeit, günstige und dennoch energiereiche Nahrungsergänzungsmittel herzustellen. Oftmals von Hunger bedrohte Gebiete der Erde haben hier die Möglichkeit der Unterernährung der Bevölkerung entgegenzuwirken. Projekte laufen insbesondere in Verbindung mit Schulen.
Zudem werden die Mittel von Nutracea für eine gesundheitsorientierte Ernährung in verschiedenen Drogerien angeboten; sie finden aber auch als Bestandteil in Tiernahrung Verwendung.

Ich stelle hier gleich einen kopierten Text in englischer Sprache ein, der weitaus umfangreicher ist als die obige Zusammenfassung und zudem auf die Unternehmensentwicklung der letzten Jahre und den Ausblick eingeht. Es ist in den Augen des einen oder anderen sicher nicht die Infomationsquelle erster Wahl; -doch fehlt mir die Zeit in dieser Ausführlichkeit zu schreiben und zudem sollte jeder bei einer evtl. Investition selber weiter recherchieren und alle Zahlen prüfen:

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2007
The full file on NTRZ
I've just finished poring over everything I could get my hands on with Nutracea, and I am incredibly impressed with this company. In particular, I think that Brad Edson (CEO) really knows what he is doing. He gives some of the most detailed and informative conference calls I've ever heard. I'm going to draw from a number of sources and give you the basic file on NTRZ, and then create my own earnings estimates and do some valuation analysis. I wish I could give you all of my notes regarding the company, but they are probably too long to keep your attention. I highly encourage individual investors to go beyond the information listed here in order to understand NTRZ's Stage I and II plant structure, pricing, etc. In particular, the PDF file posted in my previous post, a presentation given by the CEO in September, contains a wealth of excellent information.

Profile: NutraCea, a health science company, engages in the development and distribution of stabilized rice bran and rice bran-based products for the consumer food and animal feed sectors. Nutracea's patent protected, proprietary technology allows it to stabilize rice bran, the most nutricious part of the rice kernel. Before NTRZ, rice bran was a largely worthless byproduct of the rice milling process because it rapidly became rancid and unfit for consumption. It remains very inexpensive, as it has few applications without NTRZ's technology. Nutracea sells this stabilized rice bran (SRB) for both human and animal consumption. Its products include food supplements and medical foods for humans and animals. Its customers include General Mills, Purina, Archer Daniels Midland, and several other Fortune 500 companies, as well as foreign governments in the developing world.

Market: NTRZ is the only company in the world that has the ability to create SRB. Based on the fact that 70% of the world consumes rice as their number one source of grains, the potential market is enormous. At present, NTRZ is predicted to have a capacity to create 70k tons of SRB in 2007. Current world rice bran production is about 60 million metric tons, so obviously, NTRZ has just begun to scratch the surface of this market.

Furthermore, NTRZ has been capacity constrained and operating at 100% capacity since 2005. They are pursuing an agressive expansion program in order to meet the demand for SRB, which in the words of the CEO, "exceeds our production capacity many times over." NTRZ can basically sell all it can produce, and because the technology is proprietary, they have no competition.

2006 Year in Review: NTRZ has yet to report FY2006 earnings, but there is enough visibility to make estimates here. It is clear that 2006 has been an incredible year for NTRZ. They have recorded their first quarter of profitability in Q2, and will report their first full year of profitability. Based on my estimates, NTRZ should announce revenues of approximately $6.5 million for Q4, and a net income of approximately 0.02 cents per share. Full year revenues should exceed 19 million, an increase of about 300% on 2005. Meanwhile, earnings should come in at 0.03 cents per share, representing NTRZ's first year of profitability in its history.

More importantly, NTRZ has completed significant capacity expansion in 2006. They completed the expansion of their Dillon, MT plant in September of 2006, which should add some $10.8 million to revenues annually. They are also scheduled to begin production at their new plant in Louisiana in January 2007. This new plant should add another $12 million to revenues annually.

2007 Outlook: NTRZ continues to engage in expansion projects in order to meet the overwhelming demand for its products. They plan to complete another plant in the U.S. which should add $32 million in revenue annually. They are also looking at the construction of a European plant with capacity for 40k tons of SRB, or revenues of at least $16 million (assuming no stage II production).

2008 Outlook: The company has stated their desire to maximize production capability in the U.S. with 7 plants. These plants will likely be completed in 2008, giving the company a potential for greater than $150 million (possibly $250) in revenue in 2008.

Beyond: As the U.S. and Europe only represent 1.8% of global rice production, there remain significant expansion opportunities in Asia, Latin America, and Africa. This would also be likely to have a beneficial impact on margins, both through lower production costs and decreased transportation costs relating to international food programs. Potential for revenues to exceed $1 billion by 2011.

Balance sheet: No debt, approximately $15 million in cash by end of FY2006.

Shares outstanding: at present 83 million, with a fully diluted share count of 150 million. Current float of 65 million.

Financing expansion: In the most recent CC, the CEO mentioned that the company was exploring the best ways to finance their rapid expansion in 2007 and beyond. In particular, he noted that the recent financial performance of the company had opened up new avenues of financing (ie debt financing). Traditionally, NTRZ has used equity dilution as a way of financing new projects. I believe that NTRZ will annouce in Q1 2007 that they will be financing further expansion through debt, and will likely get a revolving credit line of $25 to $50 million. Current cost of building a stage I plant is $3 million, and a stage II plant costs $7 million. Therefore, taking on $50 million in debt could allow the company to maximize capacity in the US (there is not enough rice production in the US for further expansion). Moreover, this investment will be repayed in less than a year.

Biggest risk going forward: As far as NTRZ goes, the risks are fairly limited because of the patents that protect NTRZ's process. However, there is a risk of further dilution in order to finance expansion. While this would not be necessarily bad, I believe that it is no longer necessary, because the company's balance sheet and operating performance should allow them access to debt financing.

Near term catalysts: I believe that there are several near to medium term catalysts operating here. In the near term, 2006 earnings and, more importantly, 2007 guidance could send the stock much higher. Additionally, an announcement that further expansion will be debt financed and non-dilutive would be well received on the street, and should boost shares.

Announcing the beginning of construction on a European plant, which may come in Q1 2007, would also help. Moreover, the expected move to either the AMEX or Nasdaq, which I anticipate happening in Q2 or Q3 of 2007, provides more momentum.

Over the longer term, the company has economic momentum due to rising corn and wheat costs. As the CEO said in the last CC, the cost of rice bran has not risen because of its wide availability and the fact that it is not generally usable (except by Nutracea). Because rice bran has superior nutrition qualities, demand should continue to rise as it becomes a more cost effective substitute for other grains in animal and human food.

My earnings estimates: First, some general comments. According to the most recent CC, gross margins should remain at or above current levels. I have used 50% as a basis for calculating gross margins going forward.

For 2007, the CEO has estimated that revenues should fall in the range of 50-70 million. I am going to create upper and lower bound estimates going forward through 2011, and then do some PEG analysis on NTRZ to determine an appropriate price. My lower estimate for 2008 is based on already planned capacity expansions. For 2009 and beyond, the estimates are based on the potential of the general market.

Based on the CEO's comments in the Q3 CC that SG&A expenses will probably increase by a few million in 2007, I have estimated them at 7.5 million, which represents a $2.5 million increase over 2006. This allows us to make a conservation estimate for net income. From 2008 onwards, I have assumed 12% annual growth in SG&A.

Finally, NTRZ has approximately $40 million in tax loss carry forward, so will not begin to pay taxes until 2008. In 2008, I have estimated that only $10 million in income will be taxable. For all taxable income, I estimated a sustained tax rate of 35%. I have assumed a 5% annual increase in share count. All estimates are in millions. Here is my lower bound for estimates:

2007      2008      2009      2010      2011          §
      Revs        50        90       150       220       300§
Gross Prt 25 45 75 110 150
      SG&A       7.5       8.4       9.4      10.5      11.8§
Op Inc 17.5 36.6 65.6 99.5 138.2
     Taxes         0       3.5        23      34.8      48.4§
Net Inc 17.5 33.1 42.6 64.7 89.8
Shares out 87 91.4 96 100.8 105.8
       EPS       0.2      0.36      0.44      0.64  0.85
§
Remember, this is a bare minimum lower bound estimate going forward. Now I will propose an upper bound. SG&A and shares outstanding have remained the same, so only revenues and tax expense has really changed. The upper bound is:

2007      2008      2009      2010      2011          §
      Revs        75       180       340       560      1000§
Gross Prt 37.5 90 170 280 500
      SG&A       7.5       8.4       9.4      10.5      11.8§
Op Inc 30 81.6 160.6 269.5 488.2
     Taxes         0        25     56.21    94.325    170.87§
Net Inc 30 56.6 104.39 175.18 317.33
Shares out 87 91.4 96 100.8 105.8
       EPS     $0.34     $0.62     $1.09     $1.74$3.00

§
To come up with a fair value estimate for the stock I will use the midpoint of the lower and uppper bound, and then find an estimated combined annual growth rate. This will allow me to use PEG (price earnings to growth) analysis, and come up with a fair value for the stock.

Using the midpoint of the two bounds, I find that 2011 earnings are best estimated to be at $1.93 per share, and 2007 earnings at 27 cents per share. Using the CAGR formula, I can find an annual growth rate for the company. Here, I have used 1.93 as the end value, 0.27 as the beginning value, and 5 years as the time period. This yields a CAGR of 48%.

Now, using PEG analysis, I can calculated a fair value for the stock. Assuming that fair value is a PEG of 1, then at a 48 percent growth rate, the company has a fair value of $12.96 (48 x 0.27 = 12.96). Therefore, I believe the company is radically undervalued here.

Obviously, because these estimates are so far in the future, I don't expect the company to jump to $12 right away. It will have to continue to deliver solid results to reach these levels. However, as the company is currently able to sell all it can produce, I have faith that the company will continue to deliver solid growth, and eventually, the street will have to take notice. Even if the company fails to hit even the midpoint of my range, it still has significant room to move higher.

Near term valuation: It is worth noting that the company also appears cheap according to 2007 estimates. According to my lower bound, the company is only trading at 13.5 times 2007 earnings. If the company manages to reach to my upper bound earnings for 2007, it is trading at less than 8 times earnings. Both multiples are incredibly cheap for a company giving 100+% revenue growth year over year.

Summary: I believe NTRZ represents one of those rare opportunities to invest in a secular growth story while it is still on the ground floor. NTRZ has just become profitable, and still has not garnered the attention of the street. While there are a few institutions playing down here (as evidenced by the 100k+ share transactions), the stock remains underfollowed.

Going forward, it is clear that NTRZ is going to have a huge return on investment in building more capacity. Their Stage I plants cost only $3 million to construct, and contribute about $7.5 million in gross profit annually. The figure is even better for Stage II plants.

In addition, NTRZ is the only company in the world that has figured out the process behind making SRB. They have patents protecting their process, which forms a moat around the business. This helps with earnings visibility, and it means that we can count on NTRZ to deliver growth up to the point where demand and supply reach an equilibrium. As the CEO stated in the most recent conference call, it is clear that we are nowhere near that level at the moment.

All in all, I think that the odds weigh in my favor at current prices, and that NTRZ has the potential for huge growth in the next several years. I intend to make this one of my core holdings, at least until the value of this company is fully recognized.

Quelle:
http://otcspeculator.blogspot.com/2007/02/full-file-on-ntrz.html

Persönlich halt ich die derzeitige Bewertung für sehr ambitioniert und daher stärkere Rückschläge für möglich. Der eine oder andere findet dann hier evtl. bei Interesse gute Einstiegsmöglichkeiten.

Gruß

Bow

Angehängte Grafik:
charts4.gif
charts4.gif

511 Postings, 7800 Tage BowwarriorKaufempfehlung

20.02.07 14:46
Global Insider Investing - NutraCea Fuß in die Tür stellen  

10:51 19.02.07  

Endingen (aktiencheck.de AG) - Die Experten von "Global Insider Investing" empfehlen bei der NutraCea-Aktie (ISIN US67060N2045/ WKN 358926) einen Fuß in die Tür zu stellen.

NutraCea habe ein Verfahren entwickelt, ein spezielles Substrat aus Reis zu isolieren und zu stabilisieren, das als Nahrungsergänzungspräparat bei erhöhten Cholesterinwerten und auch bei Diabetes, Übergewicht und Leberfunktionsstörungen Verwendung finden könnte. Als man sich im Jahr 2004 mit ersten Schritten an den Markt gewagt habe, sei die Resonanz noch recht verhalten ausgefallen - mittlerweile boome das Geschehen. Analysten würden erwarten, dass NutraCea den Umsatz in 2007 um 160% erhöhen und den Gewinn auf USD 12,8 Mio. glatt verzwölffachen werde. Dass die Insider da keine ihrer Aktie würden abgeben wollen und seit Monaten immer nur Zukäufe das Bild bestimmen würden sei nicht verwunderlich.

Interessant sei hierbei: Auch bei NutraCea habe mit dem USD 30 Mrd. schweren Unternehmen Monsanto bereits ebenfalls schon ein sehr namhafter Insider den Fuß in die Tür gestellt.

Dieser Vorgabe sollte man sich nach Meinung der Experten von "Global Insider Investing" bei der Aktie von NutraCea unbedingt anschließen. (19.02.2007/ac/a/a)

Quelle: aktiencheck.de

511 Postings, 7800 Tage BowwarriorNews

20.02.07 14:47
NutraCea Announces Phase II Expansion of Dillon, Montana Plant to Meet Growing Demand for Company's Value Added Products

EL DORADO HILLS, Calif., Feb. 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- NutraCea (OTC Bulletin Board: NTRZ) announced today a phase II expansion of its Dillon, Montana plant by 50%, with the intention of increasing total production capacity to 2700 tons annually from the original 900 tons when the first phase expansion efforts began in February, 2006.

"Last February, we announced plans for a 100% expansion of our capacity to produce NutraCea Solubles and Fiber Concentrate at our Dillon plant. The expanded facilities went on line in the 4th quarter of 2006 and were completed under budget. The project included two new major equipment additions, which doubled the production capacity at the plant and the addition of a new process building capable of handling additional production. In an effort to further increase rice bran derivative production capacity earlier than through our announced Louisiana II project, currently scheduled for completion in the second half of this year, we are in the process of installing process and drying equipment at the Dillon plant. This phase II expansion is intended to increase production by another 50% of existing installed capacity, and to bring our production capacity from 1,800 tons per year to 2,700 tons per year, and is projected to be completed in the second quarter of 2007. Key equipment contracts have been awarded and equipment has been delivered with construction now underway. The Company has the existing financial liquidity from cash on hand to complete the expansion," said Ike Lynch, COO of NutraCea.

"Strong market interest in our proprietary stabilized rice bran derivatives has prompted our desire to further increase manufacturing capability and the plant expansion is consistent with our goal of meeting growing customer demands and awareness of our products' values. This accelerated initiative to increase our manufacturing capacity is intended as an efficient and economical means of boosting capacity on a rapid basis," added Margie Adelman, Senior Vice-President of NutraCea.

01.03.07 09:28
NutraCea Announces Distribution Agreement With FX Morales y Associados, S.A. de C.V. for Mexico

EL DORADO HILLS, Calif., Feb. 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- NutraCea (OTC Bulletin Board: NTRZ) a world leader in stabilized rice bran research and technology, announced today they have signed a distribution partnership with FX Morales y Associados. The agreement will allow NutraCea to expand their food ingredient sales in the Mexican market to FX Morales customers, which include large multinational food companies such as Grupo Gamesa (Frito Lay, Pepsico, Quaker, Gatorade) Grupo Bimbo, Grupo Maseca, Kellogg, Nestle, Kraft, Unilever and Bristol Myers Squibb among others.

Francisco Xavier Morales, General Director of FX Morales y Associados, stated, "We are very happy to be the distributor for NutraCea's stabilized rice bran product line in Mexico, as our customers have come to rely on us to provide high quality value-added ingredients. NutraCea's proprietary, patented stabilization technology enables the food industry to take advantage of the rich nutritional properties of rice bran and rice bran derivatives, offering a cleaner ingredient deck and improved nutrition for consumers. We intend to leverage NutraCea's existing relationships with large multinational food corporations that have a presence in Mexico."

"There has been a recent swell of interest for NutraCea's stabilized rice bran as a functional food ingredient by several Mexican companies. This increased attention was further accelerated in the last several weeks when the Mexican government imposed price controls on tortillas at a time when corn prices were experiencing unprecedented upward movement, placing a tremendous pressure on already narrow margins for the country's main food staple. Stabilized rice bran is a healthful, gluten-free and economical alternative to corn and other grains that are becoming increasingly more expensive," said Margie Adelman, Senior V.P. NutraCea.

"This strategic relationship with FX Morales allows NutraCea to forgo opening up a planned office in Mexico and instead immediately implement a purchase and warehouse arrangement utilizing the FX Morales infrastructure and contract workers within Mexico. Their professional organization has an impeccable reputation and long standing relationships with many major U.S.-based food corporations, which operate in the Mexican market. By partnering with FX Morales we are confident that these important customers will be serviced with both sales and technical support," added Kody Newland, Senior Vice President Sales.

About FX Morales y Asociados

FX Morales y Asociados is a distributor of food ingredients that enjoys an excellent reputation in the Mexican food processing market. The company started operations in 1988 and has their headquarters in the northeastern city of Monterrey, Mexico, from where they service the marketplace nationwide. They count among their customers most of the major food processors; serving the segments of bread, cookie and crackers, dairy products, chocolate milk (both powder and liquid, breakfast cereals, cereal bars, as well as other segments. They have been generating business for themselves and for their principals in the order of $40 million dollars per year displacing around 22,000 metric tons of food ingredients of different origins. They base their efforts in providing their customers with the best creative solutions that add value to their customer processes.

About NutraCea

NutraCea is a world leader in production and utilization of stabilized rice bran. They hold many patents for stabilized rice bran production technology and proprietary neutraceutical formulas, ranging from arthritis, chronic bowel conditions, and effective diabetes control to cardiovascular disease treatment protocols. NutraCea's proprietary technology enables the creation of food and nutrition products to be unlocked from rice bran, normally a waste by-product of standard rice processing. Committed to helping the underfed, NutraCea is actively involved in providing product and technology for developing countries through NutraCea's RiceAde feeding program. More information can be found in the Company's filings with the SEC, and you can visit the NutraCea web site http://www.NutraCea.com .

Gruß

Bow  

511 Postings, 7800 Tage Bowwarriormehr News

01.03.07 14:21
NutraCea Signs Giulio Gross, Operating Unit Azelis Italia SpA, as Distributor of Its Products in Italy

EL DORADO HILLS, Calif., March 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- NutraCea (OTC Bulletin Board: NTRZ), a world leader in stabilized rice bran research and technology, announced today it has entered into an agreement with Giulio Gross, an operating unit of Azelis Italia SpA, with annual sales in 2006 of over $176 M Euros, to distribute NutraCea's proprietary stabilized rice bran products throughout the country of Italy.

"NutraCea's products are very synergistic to our sales in the three divisions of our company, which represent Savoury, General Food and Pharma & Health Food. NutraCea's product line has broad applications, and we pride ourselves in supplying our customers with innovative solutions for their individual needs," said Tonio Grassmann, General Manager of Giulio Gross.

"Giulio Gross has a strong dynamic presence in Italy as the one of the leading distributors for the life sciences industry with a high level of technical sales capability. We are very enthusiastic about the potential of our relationship with this company and their knowledge and skill in working with high caliber companies," said Kody Newland, Senior Vice President of Sales.

"We will be importing our products until NutraCea's initial European plant is operational, which we anticipate will come on line this year," Newland added.

About Giulio Gross

Giulio Gross is a member of Azelis Group and is the Operating Unit of Azelis Italia, with sales over $176M Euros, responsible for the Italian Life Science market, which distributes products for the chemical and Life Science market in Europe. Founded in 1953, Giulio Gross imports and distributes products through three market units. Two units, Savoury and General Food, are responsible for the food industry and offer a wide range of functional ingredients for all food segments; from sausages to cheese, from baked products to various pasty preparations, from gastronomy to frozen food, from ready-to-eat meals to soft drinks. The third market unit is responsible for the Pharma & Health Food industry, offering raw materials and excipients necessary for the production of generic pharmaceutical up to dietetic and nutraceutical products. Giulio Gross is the ideal partner of the food industry, not only for the wide range of technologically advanced products it offers, but also for the accurate and dedicated service and the experienced technical assistance of its staff, aimed at guaranteeing an application service, in respect to current legislation and to total consumer protection.

Gruß

Bow  

05.03.07 14:34
NutraCea Exhibits at Natural Products Expo West, Supply Side Expo and Hosts NutraCon Luncheon 2007

EL DORADO HILLS, Calif., March 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Representatives of NutraCea (OTC Bulletin Board: NTRZ), a world leader in stabilized rice bran research and technology, announced today that they will be exhibiting at Natural Products Expo West trade show and will be sponsoring the NutraCon luncheon on March 8th for over 400 senior level management and decision makers from large food manufacturers. The luncheon will allow the attendees an opportunity to sample NutraCea's proprietary ingredients made from stabilized rice bran that will be incorporated into food items being served at the luncheon.

"This is an important conference for NutraCea," said Margie Adelman Senior Vice President of NutraCea. "Our company is poised for substantial growth in the area of functional foods and the luncheon affords us the opportunity to showcase the potential that our stabilized rice bran has for a multitude of food applications."

The luncheon and the three-day Expo bring together top-level decision makers, who are looking for the most technologically advanced nutritional ingredients, with companies like NutraCea who have the capabilities and the products to help support this dynamic segment of the health and nutrition industry.

"To be able to turn rice bran, which up to now has been discarded after processing rice, into a highly nutritious functional ingredients using our stabilization technology is not only a major achievement, but has significant possibilities for human health on a global level. I feel privileged to be able to present NutraCea to such an auspicious audience and very proud to be part of a company and an industry that can have such a positive impact on the future health of generations to come," said Ms. Adelman.

At NutraCon, Supply Side Expo and Expo West, NutraCea will be showcasing its stabilized rice bran product line to over 43,000 national and international buyers and industry leaders in the fields of health, food and nutrition.

Gruß

Bow  

511 Postings, 7800 Tage Bowwarriorwieder Neuigkeiten

07.03.07 14:43
British Journal of Cancer Reports Preclinical Evidence of Positive Effect of Rice Bran on Intestinal Cancer

Study Shows 51% Reduction in Intestinal Adenomas Suggesting Possible Beneficial Mediation in the Prevention of Intestinal Cancer

EL DORADO HILLS, Calif., March 7 /PRNewswire/ -- NutraCea (OTC Bulletin Board: NTRZ.OB) announced today the results of a study on the effect of rice bran on the number of intestinal adenomas in cancerous mice, published in the January 9, 2007 online edition of the prestigious British Journal of Cancer conducted at the Department of Cancer Studies and Molecular Medicine, at the University of Leicester, Leicester, UK, has produced some encouraging results on the dietary benefits of rice bran. The results of the controlled study demonstrated that by consuming a suitable daily dose of stabilized rice bran, an average 51% reduction in the number of precancerous adenomas in the stomach and large intestine of mice was observed.

"The results show that the mice that received stabilized rice bran (30%) into their diets had a significant decrease in the number of intestinal adenomas compared to mice on the control diet. Rice bran also decreased intestinal hemorrhage in this group," said Margie Adelman, Senior Vice President of NutraCea. "When rice bran in the mice diet was reduced from 30% to 10%, adenoma development was not significantly retarded compared to those in the control model. This suggests that adenoma-retarding activity of rice bran is dose-related, possibly linked predominately to the fiber content of the bran."

Prof. Andreas Gescher of the University of Leicester in the UK, the principal investigator, says: "We compared the cancer-preventive efficacy of NutraCea Stabilized Rice Bran in mouse models of prostate, breast and intestinal cancers. These mice ate a diet containing 30% rice bran. Whilst there was no effect of rice bran on the development of prostate or breast cancer, rice bran significantly retarded the development of adenomas in so-called "Min mice," a mouse strain which is prone to getting intestinal adenomas. The effect was dependent on the fiber content of the bran. The dose, which was efficacious in these mice translates into approximately 200g rice bran per day in humans. Some scientists believe that Min mice are a reasonable model of early stages of colorectal cancer in humans. Therefore, we feel that to study the potential colorectal cancer-preventing properties of stabilized rice bran in humans may be a promising idea."

The stabilized rice bran used in the study was NutraCea Stabilized Rice Bran Regular and NutraCea RiSolubles(R), both produced by NutraCea in the U.S. NutraCea's Chief Science Officer, Dr. Rani Madhavapeddi Patel comments, "This recent data validates what we have known about our stabilized rice bran for a long time; that the long-term health benefits have huge potential for the prevention of many of today's critical diseases. Obviously more research is needed, but for people at risk of colon cancer, daily consumption of our stabilized rice bran is a simple and safe way to take a pro-active, preventative approach."

"The fiber content in our stabilized rice bran is about 29%. However, with this study demonstrating that the active ingredient in the rice bran is the fiber, we are even more convinced that our Fiber Complex, which is the insoluble fraction of the rice bran and is comprised of 43% fiber, would produce even more significant results than the stabilized rice bran," Adelman added. "In fact, we don't know what further benefits the high antioxidant and rich phyto-nutrient profile might have added to the fiber's anti-cancer activity. However, we do concur with the researchers that the short chain fatty acids and butyrates formed in the colon from the breakdown of the rice bran are most likely the mechanism that makes the addition of stabilized rice bran to our daily diet a promising treatment for the prevention of colon cancer," said Adelman.

Gruß

Bow  

511 Postings, 7800 Tage BowwarriorNeue Plantagen und mehr Produktion

14.03.07 13:27
Nutracea kosolidiert gerade; bei Bodenbildung gute Einstiegsgelegenheit.

NutraCea Announces Official Opening of Mermentau, Louisiana Rice Bran Stabilization Facility

First Production Runs to Ship in April 2007

EL DORADO HILLS, Calif., March 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- NutraCea (OTC Bulletin Board: NTRZ) announced the opening of its new rice bran stabilization facility at the Louisiana Rice Mill (LRM) in Mermentau, Louisiana and will begin commissioning the plant the week of March 23rd. The first shipments of stabilized rice bran from this plant to customers will commence in April 2007 and the facility is anticipated to be running at full capacity by the end of April.

LRM will supply raw rice bran from its rice milling operations to NutraCea, which will then be processed by its proprietary technology to produce stabilized rice bran and other value added-products. The production from this plant will supply customers for both the human and animal nutrition markets. LRM is expected to provide 30,000 tons annually of rice bran for the new facility, bringing NutraCea's total annual capacity of stabilized rice bran to approximately 40,000 tons.

NutraCea is planning a Grand Opening of the new facility to the public in May. Full details about the Grand Opening will be released beforehand.

Mr. Brad Edson, CEO of NutraCea, stated, "This is an important step, which coincides with NutraCea's plan to significantly expand production capacity to satisfy a demand that we believe is orders of magnitude larger than our present ability to produce stabilized rice bran. The state-of-the-art Mermentau facility, together with an additional Louisiana facility that we anticipate will come on line before year end, will enable us to satisfy the sales commitments that we have made to customers and sets the stage for further strategic growth as demand and economics dictate."

"We are very grateful for the invaluable assistance of LRM and its management in bringing this new facility to fruition. Located in a major rice growing region and close to the ports of Lake Charles, Houston and New Orleans, this facility will allow NutraCea to readily ship our stabilized rice bran throughout the U.S. and elsewhere to satisfy the requirements of our customers," noted Ike Lynch, COO of NutraCea.

About Louisiana Rice Mill

Louisiana Rice Mill, LLC is committed to delivering the highest quality US rice products for both export and domestic use. Through its relationship with producers, LRM acquires only the highest grade US rough rice for its milling purposes. LRM's mill is located in the heart of the Southwest Louisiana Rice Belt in Mermentau, Louisiana. Southwest Louisiana is home to nearly 500,000 acres of prime rice producing land and boasts many of the best rice farmers in the US. With easy access to the ports of Lake Charles, Houston and New Orleans, LRM is a premier exporter for US Long Grain rice on the Gulf Coast. LRM provides Hard Milled US Long Grain No. 2 Rice for shipment around the world and for domestic private label business. LRM's administrative office are located a short drive away from the mill in Crowley, Louisiana, also known as the "Rice Capital." Additionally, LRM has receiving, shipping and storage facilities in Eunice, Louisiana.

Gruß

Bow  

511 Postings, 7800 Tage BowwarriorNeuer Vertriebspartner

19.03.07 14:41
NutraCea Signs Distribution Agreement With Azelis Group S.A.

Agreements With Multi-National Partners Extends Company's Reach Into 27 Countries

EL DORADO HILLS, Calif., March 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- NutraCea (OTC Bulletin Board: NTRZ), a world leader in stabilized rice bran research and technology, announced today it has entered into distribution agreements with all European members of the Azelis Group S.A., a large multinational conglomerate comprised of a network of market leaders specializing in Life Sciences, which includes the pharmaceutical, veterinary, food and cosmetics sectors. The agreements signed with each of the Azelis operating units will open up distribution for NutraCea's stabilized rice bran products in over 27 countries in eight regions of the world.

"On behalf of our members, we are pleased to be working with NutraCea and distributing their products especially within the life sciences area, which includes the food, nutraceutical and veterinary sectors. The members of our network embrace new and evolving technologies. We introduce to them to enable our customers to deliver cutting edge solutions for the end user. Each of our regions has its own degreed Food Technology Specialists, which includes a staff of 110 colleagues (of which more than 70 are food technologists) demonstrating the importance of these activities to the Azelis Group," said Tonio Grassmann, Azelis Food&Health Specialties, Group Coordinator.

The Azelis Group European members are: Azelis UK, Broste LTD. which covers Scotland, England and Ireland; Azelis Scandinavia Broste A/S -- which includes Norway, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia; Azelis Italia -- Giulio Gross -- which covers Italy; Azelis Spain -- Impex Quimica SA -- for Spain; Azelis Benelux -- including Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg; Azelis France -- Arnaud SA -- for France; Azelis Germany -- Kraemer & Martin -- encompassing Germany, Austria and Switzerland; and Azelis PECO -- Arnaud SA -- covering Greece, Croatia, Poland, Hungary, Rumania, Czech Republic, Slovak Republic and the Ukraine.

"These distributorship arrangements are strategically very important for NutraCea," commented Brad Edson, CEO of NutraCea. "Over the last year it has become increasingly clear that the demand for Stabilized Rice Bran is international in scope, but it has also become apparent there is value in leveraging off of large existing distribution networks, locally established throughout the world, to service that demand. Agreements such as this allow us to build cost effective sales and distribution channels within the specific countries that we are servicing. We thank the management team at Azelis Group for its commitment to NutraCea."

Mr. Hans Udo Wenzel, CEO of Azelis, noted, "The opportunity to bring the still relatively untapped food and health benefits of NutraCea's Stabilized Rice Bran to our various members fits our corporate goal to provide new and exciting food and health care products to the European region through our broad-based distribution network. We expect an enthusiastic reception from all of our members as they offer NutraCea's exceptional products to their customers, and we eagerly await the planned entry of NutraCea's European plants, which will provide substantial savings in transportation costs that will benefit our customers."

"We are pleased to sign distributorship agreements with the full complement of European Azelis Group members, and are grateful for the assistance we have received from all of those who have been instrumental in assisting NutraCea to secure such contracts. This relationship with Azelis has extended NutraCea's reach throughout Europe with a strong distribution partner. By signing these types of agreements, it enables NutraCea to build a solid foundation of demand throughout Europe through a single entity. The Azelis Group is well known for supplying its customers, many of whom are food companies, with the most cutting edge technologies to remain at the forefront of their respective marketplace," said Kody Newland, Senior Vice President of Sales of NutraCea. "We are excited about the possibilities of growing NutraCea's international presence by working with the Azelis Group."

About Azelis Group S.A.

Azelis is Europe's fastest growing distributor of specialty chemicals, polymers and related services. It was formed to meet the different local needs of customers and suppliers across Europe and was established in 2001 through the merger of Novorchem in Italy and Arnaud in France. The strategy is to grow by acquiring go-ahead specialist chemical distribution companies that are already successful in their own right, providing them with the means and resources to grow in their own geographic region and to take advantage of the synergies of being part of a larger group. The areas of specialty focus include Life Sciences (Pharmaceutical, Veterinary, Food, Cosmetics), Coatings (Paints, Inks, Adhesives, Varnishes), Polymer Processes (Standard polymers, Engineering Plastics, Rubber, Composites and Plastics Additives) and Chemical Industries (Performance, Industrial Chemicals). By the end of 2006, Azelis was comprised of 32 companies operating in Benelux, Baltic States, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, UK and the Ukraine. In addition, Azelis opened an office in Shanghai in 2005. Turnover has grown from Eur348 million in 2001 to over Eur900 million in 2006 and the group has around 860 staff.

Gruß

Bow  

511 Postings, 7800 Tage BowwarriorNeues 4-Jahreshoch o. T.

11.04.07 09:36

Angehängte Grafik:
charts.gif
charts.gif

511 Postings, 7800 Tage BowwarriorGap gebaut und die 4 genommen

16.04.07 15:59
Nutracea Announces Stabilized Rice Bran Production Agreement With Archer Daniels Midland Rice

PHOENIX, Ariz., April 16 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- NutraCea (OTC Bulletin Board: NTRZ ), a world leader in stabilized rice bran (SRB) research and technology, announced today that they have entered into an agreement with ADM Rice Inc., an operating division of Archer Daniels Midland Company, whereby NutraCea will implement its proprietary rice stabilization technology into the ADM Rice facility located in Arbuckle, California to produce stabilized rice bran for distribution into the human, companion pet and equine feed markets.

"This agreement between NutraCea and ADM Rice is timely and a natural strategic step as it allows us to quickly increase our production while still maintaining product integrity of the finished SRB," said Brad Edson, President and CEO of NutraCea. "We have aligned ourselves with one of the most recognized and respected names in the agricultural industry with a global presence and look forward to significant additional opportunities to expand the current usage of our SRB by ADM as a value added ingredient."

Leo Gingras, Chief Operating Officer stated, "The new Stabilized Rice Bran production from this state of the art facility should be on line and accretive to our operations by the end of June 2007. This operation will help serve our increasing demands for the human, companion pet and equine feed markets."

Gruß
Bow  
Angehängte Grafik:
charts.gif
charts.gif

511 Postings, 7800 Tage Bowwarriornächster run vor den Zahlen

10.05.07 16:22
Kurs bei 4,56 US$

Gruß

Bow  
Angehängte Grafik:
charts.gif
charts.gif

511 Postings, 7800 Tage BowwarriorZittern und doch weiter rein

12.05.07 17:07
So stellt sich das Bild bei Nutracea derzeit dar!

Die Nervösen haben Ihre starken Gewinne der letzten Wochen wohl zum Teil mitgenommen, doch dann kamen die Wartenden und die, welche auf gute Zahlen hoffen und zogen den Kurs gegen Ende des Börsenhandels wieder hoch auf 4,71 US$. Dienstag nach Börsenschluss gibt es Zahlen, für Neueinsteiger halte ich den Zeitpunkt vor den Zahlen ganz ehrlich für zu riskant! Die Marktkapitalisierung liegt mittlerweile über 600 Mio, US$ - Die Zahlen werden zeigen ob dies gerechtfertigt ist...  

511 Postings, 7800 Tage Bowwarriorhab die Charts vergessen

12.05.07 17:08

Angehängte Grafik:
charts1.gif
charts1.gif

511 Postings, 7800 Tage BowwarriorChart

12.05.07 17:09

Angehängte Grafik:
2.gif
2.gif

511 Postings, 7800 Tage Bowwarriorchart

12.05.07 17:09

Angehängte Grafik:
charts3.gif
charts3.gif

511 Postings, 7800 Tage Bowwarriorheute kommen die Zahlen

15.05.07 14:27
... gestern haben wir die 5,-US$ Dollar-Marke erreicht! Jetzt wird es sehr spannend werden. Die Ergebnisse gibt es heute nach Börsenschluss!

Gruß

Bow  

511 Postings, 7800 Tage Bowwarriorendlich Korrektur

17.05.07 12:49
hört sich villeicht doof an, aber diese Korrektur war überfällig und bei den vorgelegten Quartalszahlen absolut berechtigt! Jetzt kann man den Neueinstieg oder den Ausbau der Position planen.

Das Gap wurde auf einen Schlag geschlossen! Im allerbesten Fall kann die Marke um 3,50 $US gehalten werden, wahrscheinlich gehts es aber auf 3,-$US bis 2,50 $US runter. Aufgrund der Aussichten, der hohen Gewinnmarge und dem steigenden Interesse sowohl an den Produkten von Nutracea, als auch an de Aktie, werde ich meine Position bei einer Stabilisierung des Kurses, sei es nun bei 2,50 $ oder auch darunter aufstocken!

Gruß

Bow  
Angehängte Grafik:
charts.gif
charts.gif

511 Postings, 7800 Tage Bowwarriormal sehen wann wir die 4 zurückhaben

19.06.07 15:55
NutraCea Announces Start of HIV/AIDS Clinical Study at Hadassah University Medical Center in Jerusalem, Israel on RiSolubles(R) as a Supportive Therapy for HIV/AIDS Patients

Company Hopes Study Will Validate Anecdotal Evidence of Immunological Benefits from Humanitarian Feeding Programs with RiSolubles(R)

PHOENIX, June 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- NutraCea (OTC Bulletin Board: NTRZ), a leader in stabilized rice bran research and technology, announced today the commencement of a randomized, placebo-controlled, clinical trial that will test the effects of RiSolubles(R), a patented, proprietary derivative of stabilized rice bran, on HIV/AIDS patients.

The recruitment phase for the nutrient study is underway. The study will include 140 patients -- some on anti-retroviral drugs, as well as those not taking such drugs -- to determine the effects of a 30-gram, daily dose of RiSolubles from a nutritional and immunological standpoint. The randomized, controlled design of the NutraCea study will examine the effect of RiSolubles, compared to that of a placebo on patients' immune status, well-being and other important parameters," said Prof. Allon Moses, Co-Principal Investigator and Chairman of the Dept. of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Disease at Hadassah.

"Such a nutrient study will address an important topic in AIDS Medicine: the value of nutrients and specifically, RiSolubles, a derivative of stabilized rice bran, in boosting the immune function beyond what is achieved with anti-retroviral drugs," says Prof. Shlomo Maayan, Co-Principal Investigator of the study, Director of the Hadassah Medical AIDS Center in Jerusalem.

"We were compelled to conduct a study of this nature, based on years of anecdotal reports and recent reports from our feeding programs in Malawi and Central America. The reports suggested that people with HIV/AIDS were gaining weight, feeling more energetic and enjoying a better quality of life. In some patients, laboratory parameters suggested better immune function, as well," said Margie Adelman, Senior Vice President of NutraCea. "We believe our RiSolubles has concentrated doses of certain phyto-nutrients that can possibly account for the testimonials that we are receiving. We knew that the only way to prove it was to engage in a clinical study, such as this one that's designed and performed at the highest medical standards," Adelman added.

"It is our hope that a successful trial will demonstrate that use of our product at the above doses will result in the patients experiencing an increase in their CD4 counts and maybe even a decrease in their viral loads -- two important markers that are commonly being monitored in determining the success of anti-retroviral therapy (ARV). This could have significant implications relative to the tremendous costs to the health community associated with these treatment protocols, not to mention the health benefits to the patients of possibly delaying the onset of ARV therapies and the likelihood of a reduced risk of heart disease, which has recently been shown to be linked to ARV," concluded Ms. Adelman.

"We are very pleased to announce that our first, human-trial study is underway at a highly respected medical institution, renowned for its research in HIV/AIDS; and we hope to demonstrate a new, novel, nutritional approach for millions of people around the world who are suffering from HIV/AIDS," said Brad Edson, President and CEO of NutraCea.

About Hadassah University Hospital in Jerusalem

Hadassah University Medical Center is a state-of-the-art medical center, incorporating all medical and surgical sub-specialties, with a tertiary-care referral hospital at Ein Kerem and a community hospital on Mt. Scopus. It conducts more than half the hospital-based medical research in Israel and is the flagship of Hadassah, the Women's Zionist Organization of America (HWZOA). HWZOA, which laid the foundation of Israel's medical infrastructure and still maintains educational programs and youth institutions, is the main supporter of The Hadassah Medical Center.

Hadassah is the largest employer in Jerusalem, excluding the government: 850 physicians; 1,940 nurses; 1,020 paramedical and support staff; two campuses with 1,000 beds, 31 operating theaters, 9 intensive care units and over 120 outpatient clinics. Hadassah is committed to excellence in health care, medical research and medical education.

Hadassah was and still is a pioneer in introducing in Israel (and in some other areas in the world) innovative and unique medical treatments. The clinical and research achievements of Hadassah physicians have garnered fame throughout the world. They welcome every individual who requires medical attention without regard for race, religion, gender, ethnicity or political persuasion and have done so since its inception. Hadassah provides hospital services for nearly one million people annually, including the treatment of more than 2500 victims of the recent Intifada.

Hadassah Hospital partners with five medical and academic institutions: the Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dental Medicine, Occupational Therapy, Public Health and Community Medicine. Hadassah's A Bridge to Peace, which was nominated for the 2005 Nobel Peace Prize, is a program for medical personnel from the Palestinian Authority and students from Egypt, Jordan and 90 countries around the world. The hospital is a member of the American Hospital Association and recipient of Congressionally-funded American Schools and Hospital Abroad (ASHA) assistance.

Gruß

Bow  

511 Postings, 7800 Tage Bowwarriorin Dtl. wohl weiter kein Interesse...

25.06.07 15:01
NutraCea Begins First Phase of International Expansion Into South East Asia Through Joint Venture With Indonesian Industrialist

Company Earns $5 Million Licensing Fee for Proprietary Rice Bran Stabilization Technology, and Shares in Revenues, Profits from Sales in Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand

PHOENIX and JAKARTA, Indonesia, June 25 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- NutraCea (OTC Bulletin Board: NTRZ), a world leader in stabilized rice bran (SRB) nutrient research and technology announced today it has entered the commercial food ingredient market as well as expanding its humanitarian aid programs in Southeast Asia by forming a joint venture with an Indonesian industrialist affiliated with PT Panganmas Inti Persada, one of the largest wheat milling operations in Southeast Asia.

Under the terms of the agreement, NutraCea and its new partner will each contribute $5 million to a limited liability Company (Joint Entity) and will share equally in the revenues and profits from sales produced by the Joint Entity. In addition, NutraCea will receive a $5 million licensing fee on five year terms, with interest, for use of its proprietary stabilization technology as well as the potential for an additional $5 million on the achievement of certain liquidity events by the Joint Entity. This venture opens the door for NutraCea to manufacture, market, import and distribute its exclusive products in Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.

As part of the commercialization process and strategic business plan, P.T. Panganmas Inti Persada intends to blend SRB into wheat flour and incorporate the combined product into various cookies, cereals, breads, pastries, noodles, cakes and other wheat-based foods to improve the fiber and nutritional profile of its product lines, while remaining cost competitive with standard flour products.

Mr. Agus Irawan, Founder of P.T. Panganmas Inti Persada, stated, "We are extremely pleased to combine our resources in a manner that creates opportunities to greatly expand the business prospects of both companies and also provide solutions to the ever present and growing problem of malnutrition in Indonesia and surrounding developing countries."

The first series of SRB facilities will be located in Indonesia and Thailand, with construction scheduled to begin within 6 months. The plants are projected to be operational within 18 months. During the build out phase, NutraCea will export its line of SRB products, including its proprietary RiSolubles(R), from the United States to Southeast Asia.

The countries identified in this venture have an annual rice bran production exceeding nine million tons, more than ten times that of the U.S. and EU production combined, representing a major opportunity for NutraCea. "As we advance our mutual business interest in this region, the construction of future plants will be funded from capital sourced directly through the joint venture or project specific financing." said Leo Gingras, Chief Operating Officer of NutraCea.

"We are delighted to work with our new partners in growing our global business interests in Southeast Asia and we believe that our joint expertise in the food industry will give us a solid foundation to be able to provide substantial amounts of SRB and its derivative products to this region of the world," said Brad Edson, President and CEO of NutraCea.

"We believe Southeast Asia represents a tremendous opportunity to grow our business, where our raw material, rice bran, a nutrient-rich by product of the rice milling industry, is abundant, and we look forward to working with our partner to build our venture into a formidable provider of SRB products in the region. We view the Indonesian agreement as an important first step in the beginning of a broader international initiative to expand NutraCea's SRB technology throughout Asia," added Edson.

"As we advance NutraCea's goal to commercialize its stabilization technology we also remain focused on the vision that our products can make a significant impact on global hunger. This joint venture with our Indonesian partners will assist us in securing initial and potentially on going commitments from various Non-Governmental Organizations, Private Voluntary Organizations and Governments to purchase portions of the production for distribution to large numbers of malnourished children," stated Margie Adelman, Senior Vice President NutraCea. "NutraCea's RiSolubles have multiple applications and have been shown to improve the health of malnourished children in feeding programs," added Adelman.

About P.T. Panganmas Inti Persada

PT Panganmas Inti Persada is one of the largest flour mills in Southeast Asia in terms of productivity, with leading domestic market share for most of its products in Central Java and other regions in Indonesia. Currently PT Panganmas operates one of the most modern flour mills in Indonesia.

PT Panganmas has a very strong distribution network in Indonesia with its well-known branded products, especially in Central Java. PT Panganmas' products are used for applications including: instant noodles, biscuits, breads, cakes, cookies and other baked and fried foods. In 2003, PT Panganmas achieved the Certificate of Registration of Quality Management Systems AS/NZS ISO 9001:2000, and earned its CODEX HACCP and GMP for its flour products and by-products in 2005.

PT Panganmas is also devoted to social responsibility and they have worked with and helped local NGO's such as Posko Bantuan Angkut Sosial Halim, Osko Metro Pondok Idah, Posko Rosa Rai, Daruttauhid A Gym, Mercy, Media Group and is still a member of constant sponsor to the following orphanages and NGO: Yayasan, Yatna Yuana, 'Santo Yusuf' Orphanage, Yayasan Amalia, Panti Wreda Marfati, Panti Wreda Bina Bakti, Panti Usila Santa Anna, Panti Wreda Kasih Ayah Bunda. They have also worked together in humanitarian aid projects with USDA and Catholic Relief Services.

Für die Interessierten, - falls welche vorhanden.

Gruß

Bow

511 Postings, 7800 Tage BowwarriorQuartalszahlen

15.08.07 09:28
NutraCea Announces Record Second Quarter and Six Months Financial Results

Company Reports $13 Million Revenue for Q2

PHOENIX, Aug. 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- NutraCea (OTC Bulletin Board: NTRZ), a leader in stabilized rice bran ("SRB") nutrient research and technology, announced today its financial results for the second quarter and six months ended June 30, 2007.

Total revenues for the second quarter were approximately $13.0 million, an increase of $8.8 million, or 212% from the second quarter fiscal 2006. For the three months ended June 30, 2007, the Company's net profit was $2 million, or $0.01 per diluted share, compared to a net profit of $399,000, or $0.00 per diluted share, in the same period last year. For the six months ended June 30, 2007, the Company's net profit was $1.8 million, or $0.01 per diluted share compared to a net profit of $166,000, or $0.00 per diluted share for the six months ended June 30, 2006.

Gross margin from product sales in the second quarter was $4.1 million, or 52%, compared to $1.8 million, or 44%, during the second quarter of last year. Gross margin from product sales for the six months was $5.0 million, or 50%, compared to $3.5 million or 44% during the six months of the previous year.

For the six months ended June 30, 2007, consolidated revenues were approximately $15 million, an increase of approximately $7 million, or 89% compared to the comparable six months of the previous year.

Chief Executive Officer Mr. Bradley Edson stated, "NutraCea has delivered a solid quarter of sales growth and new initiatives. During the quarter several new products were launched with our stabilized rice bran as a primary ingredient and we expect more product launches from major food companies going forward and to experience progress in all channels of distribution. We have expanded our production capacity and we intend to continue to do so both domestically and internationally. In the past year we have increased our capacity from less that ten thousand tons annually to over 40,000 with expectations of reaching 80,000 tons during first quarter of 2008. The estimated global demand still far exceeds our current production capacity and we will endeavor to meet that demand as quickly as possible."

Mr. Leo Gingras, COO of NutraCea noted, "Our expansion in the U.S. continues at an aggressive pace with completion of our Mermentau, LA and Arbuckle, CA plants, completion of our expansion at Dillon, MT and the acquisition of assets in Freeport, TX. Construction of our Lake Charles, LA, facility, although delayed by weather, should be completed in the first quarter of 2008. We are particularly pleased that our international expansion plans have taken a large step forward with the formation of our joint venture in Southeast Asia, a region that produces more than ten times as much rice bran as the U.S. and E.U combined. We are also moving ahead on our first European facility and look forward to servicing our customers in the E.U. with local production in 2008.

Edson concluded, "We see diverse markets for stabilized rice bran and have taken appropriate steps to increase demand, develop marketing channels and increase production capacity. We have a proprietary product which has unique nutritional benefits, and, to date, we are the only company that can lay claim to the process that can stabilize rice bran with a shelf life of over one year without diminishing its superior nutrient profile. The balance sheet continues to remain strong with $51.5 million in cash and cash equivalents and no debt. We look forward to successfully capitalizing on the opportunities that lay ahead."

NutraCea will be hosting a conference call on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 11:30 AM EDT with the investment community, featuring Brad Edson, Chief Executive Officer and President of NutraCea.

Interested parties may participate in the call by dialing 877-407-8037; international callers dial 201-689-8037. In addition, the conference call will be available via a webcast that can be accessed at: http://www.vcall.com/IC/CEPage.asp?ID=119950 and will be archived for 30 days.

(Tables to Follow)

NUTRACEA AND SUBSIDIARIES
        CONSOLIDATED CONDENSED STATEMENTS OF OPERATIONS (Unaudited)

Six          Six         Three        Three
                         Months       Months       Months       Months
                         Ended        Ended        Ended        Ended
                        June 30,     June 30,     June 30,     June 30,
                          2007         2006         2007         2006

Revenues:

Net product
      sales            $9,983,000   $7,932,000   $7,996,000  $ 4,159,000

Royalty and
      licensing fees    5,010,000       16,000    5,000,000        7,000

Total revenue     14,993,000    7,948,000   12,996,000    4,166,000

Cost of goods sold   4,976,000    4,433,000    3,863,000    2,333,000

Gross margin        10,017,000    3,515,000    9,133,000    1,833,000

Research and
    development
     expenses             291,000      198,000      170,000       94,000

Selling, general
    and administrative
     expenses           7,970,000    2,852,000    5,657,000    1,348,000

Professional fees    1,995,000      434,000    1,536,000      101,000

Total operating
       expenses        10,256,000    3,484,000    7,363,000    1,543,000

Income (loss)
       from operations   (239,000)      31,000    1,770,000      290,000

Other income
    (expense)
      Interest income
       (net)            1,388,000      135,000      876,000       109,000

Gain on
       settlement       1,250,000            -            -             -
      Loss on
       retirement
        of assets        (309,000)           -     (309,000)            -
      Loss on equity
       investment        (250,000)           -     (250,000)            -
      Total income
       before
        income tax      1,840,000      166,000    2,087,000       109,000
      Income tax
       expense            (85,000)           -      (85,000)            -

Net income   $1,755,000     $166,000   $2,002,000      $399,000

Basic and diluted
    earnings per share:

Basic income
       per share            $0.01        $0.00        $0.01        $0.00

Fully diluted
       income per share     $0.01        $0.00        $0.01        $0.00
      Weighted average
       basic number
        of shares
         outstanding  118,952,000   68,808,000  136,257,000   71,729,000
      Weighted average
       diluted number
        of shares
         outstanding  148,954,000  119,309,000  167,259,000  123,293,000

NUTRACEA AND SUBSIDIARIES
                   CONSOLIDATED CONDENSED BALANCE SHEETS

June 30, 2007  Dec. 31, 2006
                                             (Unaudited)

ASSETS
   Current assets:
     Cash and cash equivalents                 $ 51,500,000    $14,867,000
     Restricted cash                                545,000              -
     Marketable securities                          459,000        368,000
     Trade accounts receivable, net
      of allowance for doubtful accounts
      of $1,075,000 and $20,000, respectively     8,075,000      7,093,000
     Inventories                                    801,000        796,000
     Notes receivable, net of discount,
      current portion                             4,274,000      1,694,000
     Deposits and other current assets            1,767,000      1,383,000

Total current assets                      67,421,000     26,201,000

Notes receivable, net of current portion       5,216,000        682,000
   Property and equipment, net                   14,673,000      8,961,000
   Investment in joint venture                    1,250,000              -
   Other intangible assets, net                   5,616,000      5,097,000
   Goodwill                                      39,372,000     32,314,000
   Other non-current assets                          12,000              -

Total assets                            $133,560,000    $73,255,000

LIABILITIES AND SHAREHOLDERS' EQUITY

Current liabilities:
     Accounts payable and accrued liabilities    $4,866,000     $2,778,000
     Accrual for contribution to related
      party joint venture                         1,500,000
     Deferred revenue                                29,000        103,000

Total current liabilities                  6,395,000      2,881,000

Commitments and contingencies

Convertible, series B preferred stock,
    no par value, $1,000 stated value,
    20,000,000 shares authorized,
    0 and 470 shares issued and outstanding               -        439,000
   Convertible, series C preferred stock, no
    par value, $1,000 stated value,
    25,000 shares authorized, 2 and 5,468
    shares issued and outstanding                     2,000      5,051,000

Shareholders' equity:
     Common stock, no par value
      350,000,000 shares authorized,
      140,217,953 and 103,977,715 shares issued
      and outstanding in 2007 and 2006,
      respectively                              174,544,000    114,111,000
     Accumulated deficit                        (47,550,000)   (49,305,000)
     Accumulated other comprehensive income,
      unrealized gain on marketable securities      169,000         78,000
       Total shareholders' equity               127,163,000     64,884,000

Total liabilities and shareholders'
        equity                                 $133,560,000    $73,255,000

About NutraCea

NutraCea is a leader in stabilized rice bran nutrient research and dietary supplement development. Through its wholly owned subsidiary RiceX, the company manufacturers as well as distributes products and food ingredients made from Rice Bran through its proprietary technology and processes. The Company has developed intellectual properties to create a range of proprietary product formulations, delivery systems and whole food nutrition products. NutraCea's proprietary technology enables the creation of food and nutrition products from rice bran, normally a wasted by-product of standard rice processing. In addition to its whole foods products, NutraCea develops families of health- promoting "nutraceuticals," including natural arthritic relief and cholesterol-lowering products. More information can be found in the company's filings with the SEC and you can visit the NutraCea web site http://www.NutraCea.com.

Forward Looking Statements

This release contains forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, statements regarding revenue recognition, the timing for completion of our facilities, our ability to advance international initiatives, and our anticipated sales and production capacity. Actual results may differ from those projected due to a number of risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to the possibility that any increased production capacity will be delayed or reduced in whole or in part, market demand for our products does not remain strong, future customers are unable to timely pay for our products, and by all other matters specified in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. These statements are made based upon current expectations that are subject to risk and uncertainty. The Company does not undertake to update forward-looking statements in this news release to reflect actual results, changes in assumptions or changes in other factors affecting such forward-looking information. Assumptions and other information that could cause results to differ from those set forth in the forward-looking information can be found in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the company's most recent periodic report.

Company Contact:          Investor Relations Contact:

Margie Adelman            Stephen D. Axelrod, CFA
   Senior V.P. NutraCea      Wolfe Axelrod Weinberger Assoc, LLC
   916-933-7000 Ext. 646     212-370-4500
   916-220-3500 cell         steve@wolfeaxelrod.commadelman@nutracea.com

Media Relations Contact:
                             Alisa D. Steinberg
                             Wolfe Axelrod Weinberger Assoc, LLC
                             212-370-4500
                             alisa@wolfeaxelrod.com
SOURCE NutraCea

gruß

Bow  

511 Postings, 7800 Tage BowwarriorNeue Kunden

13.09.07 15:31
Nach den herben Kursrückgängen, die aufgrund der hohen Erwartungen und dann nicht erfüllten Quartalsergebnisse Berechtigung hatten, finden wir uns in meinen Augen an einem interessanten Punkt wieder.
Mit einem Kursrückgang seit dem Hoch von 5,-$ auf 1,40$ ist auch die Bewertung auf nun etwa 150 Mio US-Dollar zurückgefallen. Damit sehen die Kennzahlen nach Konsensschätzungen bei Yahoo(allerdings nur 2 Analysten) folgendermaßen aus: KUV bei etwa 2, KGV bei etwa 10 auf Basis der geschätzten Unternehmenszahlen für 2008.

Ich werde meine Position zu diesem Zeitpunkt etwas aufstocken.

Nun hier die News von heute:

NutraCea Announces Expansion of Baby Cereal Business With Orders for International and Domestic Retail Chains

Receives Orders from Rafferty's Garden in Australia and a New National Brand in the U.S.

PHOENIX, Sept. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- NutraCea (OTC Bulletin Board: NTRZ), a leader in stabilized rice bran (SRB) nutrient research and technology, announced today its baby cereal business is expanding with the addition of two new customers; Rafferty's Garden in Australia and a new national brand that will be launched into major and specialty retail chains in the fourth quarter of 2007.

"We are extremely delighted to have two new customers for our baby cereal. Our baby cereal business is increasing significantly and we've added various line extensions to our existing product line up including multi-grain cereals, fruit-flavored cereals and DHA-fortified cereals that give customers more choices," said Margie Adelman, Senior Vice President of NutraCea.

Rafferty's Garden baby cereal will be sold throughout Australia and the new national brand will be available at major baby specialty retail chains, national chain supermarkets and the largest natural food grocery store chain in the U.S.," added Adelman.

"We've collaborated closely with NutraCea to develop an innovative range of premium baby food cereals and are set to implement a very substantial baby food launch in the Australian supermarkets. The products will be available in Australia's major supermarkets: Coles, BiLo, Woolworths, and Safeway and we're quite confident they will be successful in this category, thanks to the integral involvement of NutraCea," stated Adrian Pike, Chairman of Rafferty's Garden.

"We are very proud of our baby cereal product line, which we believe is superior in quality to many national brands that are currently available. This coincides with our business plans to build a value-added plant in the Phoenix area, which will include various packaging options and will allow us to offer customized solutions for any future customers in this rapidly expanding food segment," said Leo Gingras, Chief Operating Officer.

Kurs sollte heute mind. 8-10% anziehen! Vielleicht sogar von akt. 1,40 auf 1,60 ...

Gruß

Bow  

511 Postings, 7800 Tage BowwarriorAua

14.11.07 20:39
knapp 60 Prozent minus seit erstem Posting... : (

Heute gibts es wieder Quartalszahlen und ich bin super gespannt. Die Erwartungen dürften nicht alzu hoch sein, mal sehen.

Wenn die Zahlen schlecht ausfallen, dann gute Nacht. Dann erwarte ich den Kurs noch einmal 50% tiefer. Wenn sie besser als erwartet ausfallen (schön wären 2-3 cent je Aktie), dann sollten wir die Korrektur endlich beendet haben.

Komm schon, zieh! : )

Gruß
Bow  

234 Postings, 6576 Tage ConnyMdank an die Analysten.....

27.11.07 14:13
mit ihren klugen Beiträgen also in meinen Augen alle Korrupt und kommen immer wieder mit ihren Betrügereien hier durch .....nun zum Glück bin ich dieses mal nicht betroffen (war es aber des öfteren in der vergangenheit) aber mal ernsthaft wenn ein analyst nach einem kursanstieg von 0,30€ auf 3,7€ von irgendwas wie ruhig abwarten oder gewinne laufen lassen faselt ist der doch nur bedingt zurechnungsfähig oder sehe ich da was falsch ????????????
lg conny  

Antwort einfügen - nach oben