Eröffnet am:23.09.03 00:21von: KickyAnzahl Beiträge:27
Neuester Beitrag:05.11.03 20:40von: KickyLeser gesamt:4.244
Forum:Hot-Stocks Leser heute:2
Bewertet mit:

Seite: < 1 | 2 >  

79561 Postings, 8951 Tage KickyITWO -ein Turnaroundwert

23.09.03 00:21
Dow Jones Newswire:

The once-highflying company has been hobbled by a prolonged slump in demand for its supply-chain software as well as by accounting problems. It recently restated financial statements dating back to 1998, reducing reported revenue by $359.7 million over a several-year period. It is the subject of a formal Securities and Exchange Commission investigation, and its shares were delisted by Nasdaq officials in May.

Yet a collection of risk-taking money managers has been buying i2's stock and convertible bonds in recent months, betting that the Dallas company will survive these trials and its distressed stock and debt will rebound.

I2 is valued "like a software company that's not a going concern," says a software analyst at a hedge fund that has been buying i2 shares. "There is no way this company is going out of business," he says.

I2 has reduced its cash burn by slashing costs and has a steady stream of maintenance revenue, or revenue for product support and upgrades from existing customers, he says.

The shares - which trade on the lightly regulated Pink Sheets under the ticker symbol, "ITWO ," - were trading Tuesday at $1.22. The stock has rallied since falling as low as 52 cents in May, but remains below its 52-week high of $1.93 set last December. (I2 remains 99% below its peak of $110, which was set in the Internet-crazed days of March 2000.) Among the firms that have bought i2 shares since March are several prominent hedge funds, according to SEC filings.

Duquesne Capital Management LLC, which is run by George Soros' former lieutenant, Stanley Druckenmiller, purchased 3.1 million shares and 1.7 million of i2's convertible bonds in the June quarter. Karsch Capital LLC, run by another Soros alumnus, bought 1.7 million i2 shares in the same period. Galleon Management LP doubled its stake to 1.6 million shares, while JANA Partners LP bought 1 million shares, filings for the June quarter show.

These new investors have become some of i2's biggest institutional holders, replacing mutual funds and more staid money managers that cashed out of i2 earlier this year. Wellington Management Co., which manages funds for Vanguard, Hartford and others, sold its 22.1 million i2 shares in the June quarter, SEC filings show. Meanwhile, Fidelity Management sold its 4.3 million i2 shares, according to filings.

A Liquidity Play
Much of Wall Street remains skeptical of i2. Only one of the 10 brokerages that still follow the company (down from 34 firms at the end of 2000) recommends buying the stock, according to Thomson First Call. Standard & Poor's rates i2's bonds at CCC-, or highly speculative, and said in July the company faces "considerable challenges restoring sustainable profitability under current conditions."

Several hedge-fund analysts, who spoke on condition of anonymity, say i2 "turned a major corner" when it completed its re-audit and filed overdue financial reports in July. While its recovery will take several quarters, they argue its stock is at attractive levels.

With the stock trading around $1, "it's basically a call option on liquidity. Can this company stay alive?" says a second hedge fund analyst, whose firm has been buying i2 shares.

I2 sports a market capitalization of $550 million, or about one time this year's expected revenue. (I2 is forecast to have revenue of $515 million in 2003, down from a peak of peak of $1.13 billion set in 2000.) The company had $354.6 million in cash and investments and $356.8 million of long-term debt at the end of June.

The bargain hunters say the company could trade at two times sales if it can stabilize its business and start signing up new customers. After two years of losses and layoffs, i2 reported a profit in the first half of 2003, though its results were padded by restated revenue deferred from previous periods.

Supporters argue the company will survive its current woes because many of its existing customers have stayed with the company. i2 software runs factories, handles transactions with suppliers and manages store inventories. It is costly and complex to install.

"To date we certainly have not seen any kind of precipitous fall out from customers," says Janet Eden-Harris, i2's chief marketing officer. She says over 85% of customers are renewing maintenance contracts with i2 for ongoing support.

I2's software "is kind of like the (supply-chain) backbone. You don't take it out overnight and put somebody else in," says Gene Hunt, chairman of the i2 User Group, an Atlanta-based organization that represents 300 of the company's customers.

Pent-Up Demand
The company introduced a major upgrade to its software, i2 version 6, in March and some supporters are hopeful the release will fuel an upgrade cycle and drive sales to new customers in the seasonally strong December quarter and next year.

"There is definitely some pent-up demand for their products and this upgrade cycle," says the first hedge fund analyst. However, it will take several quarters for the company's sales force to regain its footing, this person cautions.

Last month, market-research firm Gartner Inc. raised its vendor rating on i2 to "promising" from "caution," saying the company "is past the most difficult problems of its restructuring."

Gartner analyst Karen Peterson says i2 customers, who questioned the company's viability earlier this year, are now supporting the company. "Before we didn't see a lot of loyalty.... we saw a lot of frustration," she said.

I2 angered some companies during the boom days by overpromising what its products could do and charging tens of millions of dollars. The company suffered a black eye in early 2001 when Nike Inc. (NKE) publicly blamed i2's software for an earnings shortfall.

In the past two years, i2 has focused on helping those companies that bought its software get it up and running, Peterson says. It has used a software-development center in India to lower prices and improve customer service.
By MARCELO PRINCE
DOW JONES NEWSWIRES
I2, which claims more than 1,000 active customers, has about 100 in the process of migrating to version 6 or planning for such an upgrade, says Eden-Harris. They include Whirlpool Corp. (WHR), DaimlerChrysler AG's (DCX) Freightliner and Airbus (F.ABI).

Nevertheless, the company needs to woo new customers to regain the support of Wall Street and boost its valuation, investors say. In the first six months of 2003, i2 reported new software license revenue fell 20% to $36.4 million, while total revenue fell 23% to $279.9 million.

The company reported a profit of $42.3 million in the first half of 2003, compared with a loss of nearly $1 billion in the year-ago period, which included a large acquisition-related charge. Expenses were $229.5 million in the first half of 2003, down from $425.7 million a year ago.

und wer sich für ITWO in Indien interessiert:
http://www.rediff.com/money/2003/sep/18i2.htm
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/cms.dll/xml/...eshow?artid=188658
http://www.ciol.com/content/news/2003/103091811.asp

1 Postings ausgeblendet.

79561 Postings, 8951 Tage KickySorosschüler kauften 3,4 Millons shares

23.09.03 08:14
George Soros' former lieutenant, Stanley Druckenmiller, purchased 3.1 million shares and 1.7 million of i2's convertible bonds in the June quarter. Karsch Capital LLC, run by another Soros alumnus, bought 1.7 million i2 shares in the same period.

Soros hat eigentlich keine schlechten Firmen gekauft
ausserdem das Upgrade gestern von J.P.Morgan auf BUY  

79561 Postings, 8951 Tage KickyJMP Securities von Verkaufen auf Strong Buy

23.09.03 08:18
i2 Technologies wird von JMP Securities von Verkaufen auf Strong Buy auf. Grund für das deutliche Upgrade ist nach Meinung der Analysten die bald zu erwartende Nachfrageerhöhung nach der Bezugsketten-Verwaltungs-Software des Unternehmens. Mit der Wirtschaftserholung wird das Thema Lieferengpass wieder zunehmend eine Rolle spielen, womit auch gleichzeitig der Bedarf nach einer effizienteren Verwaltung der Bezugskette in den Unternehmen steigen werde, so die Analysten. I2 Technologies sei sehr gut positioniert, um von diesem Trend profitieren zu können, so JMP Securities. Während die Erwartungen für das dritte Quartal noch nicht sicher erreicht werden können, sei der Ausblick auf die nächsten 12 Monate sehr positiv. Auch glauben die Analysten an einen erfolgreichen Ausgang der Anfrage der US-Börsenaufsichtsbehörde SEC, einer Aktionärsklage und daran, dass die hohen Bankschulden mittel- bis langfristig getilgt werden können. Die Analysten sehen ein Kursziel von $2.50.

Die am amerikanischen Freiverkehr notierten Aktien schlossen gestern bei 1,62.

http://www.ariva.de/board/123656/...&search_id=Kicky&search_full=&772
schöner Chart mit Ausbruch oben von Stox  

1202 Postings, 7686 Tage DaxMixSoros hat aber auch schon

23.09.03 08:41

mehrfach in die Sch.... gelangt. Er pokert immer mit vollem Einsatz und .. so schnell wie er drin ist, ist er auch wieder draussen.

Falls ihr es denen gleichtun wollt, könnt ihr nur hoffen dass seine Schüler besser sind als der "grosse Meister?"  

20520 Postings, 8559 Tage Stox Dudeheute im Minus

23.09.03 17:16
Stox Dude

79561 Postings, 8951 Tage KickyShell hat ITWO software vendor i2

03.10.03 01:27
Shell Oil is implementing supply chain software developed
specifically for the petrochemicals giant by application
vendor i2.
Shell wanted bespoke software because supply chain planning for an oil company requires in-depth knowledge of the market.

Shell opted to work with i2 in early 2002. Two initial components of the supply chain software have been released, and the company is due to go live with the third stage within the next two weeks.

Getting a more detailed view of inventory and demand within the supply chain will allow Shell to overhaul its business, explained Andre Van Acken, director of the firm`s advanced planning scheduling programme.

" In the past we have always been reliant on having enough product to meet whatever the customers demand," he said.

" We wanted be able to reduce our stock positions by being able to predict demand over the next 10 days."

According to Van Acken, optimising the volume of oil in the supply chain offers potential savings of around $0.50 (£0.30) per barrel. A barrel of oil is currently worth around $28 (£17).

Since signing up with i2, Shell has had between 10 and 12 of its staff working full-time with the software maker, making sure the nuances of processing crude oil through to stock levels at the refineries are accounted for.

" The project gives Shell a global standard, allowing us to set the optimal performance for all our refineries for up to a month," said Van Acken.

The i2 Demand Manager Downstream Oil module has been piloted in the US, and will be rolled out in Europe over the coming months.

A second module, i2 Supply Chain Strategist Downstream Oil, uses modelling and simulations to improve supply chain operations. Shell is currently alpha-testing a refinery scheduling system.

For its part, i2 has been able to build a downstream oil version of its supply chain software that it hopes to sell to other oil firms.

Report kommt wohl am 9.10.!die Indien Engagements sind vielversprechend(links s.o.)  

79561 Postings, 8951 Tage KickyITWO joint venture mit Sinotrans in China

03.10.03 12:54
Monday , September 29, 2003 09:43 ET

CHINA, Sep 29, 2003 (SinoCast via COMTEX) -- Global leading provider of end-to-end supply chain management solutions i2 Technologies, Inc. (OTC:ITWO) and SINOTRANS co-announced that they have reached agreement on all-dimensional cooperation. They will jointly supply logistics services to satisfy the increasing demand.

10637 Postings, 8727 Tage Ramses IIkicky, bist du schon investiert oder noch

03.10.03 13:04
watchlist bei dir?

grüße  

79561 Postings, 8951 Tage Kickybin drin

03.10.03 13:10
warte auf den Report am 9.10.(?)  

79561 Postings, 8951 Tage KickyZukunftsaussichten gut

03.10.03 13:49

79561 Postings, 8951 Tage Kicky+8,5% bie 3,5 Mill.Volumen gestern

04.10.03 12:18
war wohl Siebel schuld  

79561 Postings, 8951 Tage Kicky+14% bei 2,6 Millionen Volumen

08.10.03 18:11
SAP-Effect? am 9.sollten die Zahlen kommen  

79561 Postings, 8951 Tage KickyEmpfehlung von Zacks.com heute

09.10.03 16:01
CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 9, 2003--Zacks.com releases another list of stocks that are currently members of the coveted Zacks #1 Ranked list which has produced an average annual return of +33.6% since 1988 and has gained +13.3% annually since 2000 as the markets have been tumbling down. Among the #1 ranked stocks today we highlight
the following companies: AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:AAI.N) and i2 Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:ITWO.u).

i2 Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:ITWO.u) is a leading provider of end-to-end supply chain management solutions, which designs and delivers software that helps customers optimize and synchronize activities involved in successfully managing supply and demand. In
August, i2 announced its final results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2003. The results were consistent with preliminary estimated ranges announced by the company on July 21, 2003. The company reported that it was breakeven on a per-share basis for the second quarter of
2003, compared to a loss of ($2.18) per share in the second quarter of 2002. This includes the impact of recognition of restated deferred revenue and expenses as a result of the company's recent restatement. Total revenues were $122 million in the second quarter, compared to
$162 million in the second quarter of 2002. Total revenues included $31 million in contract revenue consisting of $25 million in revenue deferred from earlier periods as a result of the company's recent restatement and $6 million in revenue attributable to development services projects. The company has focused heavily in improving their
operations. As a result, i2's products, services, and operational organization are well-equipped to meet the challenges of the marketplace. Analysts seem impressed, as they have raised this year's and next year's earnings estimates by +33% each. Investors looking to
optimize profits may want to further research ITWO.

3947 Postings, 8481 Tage EskimatoTja Kicky,

10.10.03 00:04
was Besseres konnte uns gar nicht passieren. Der Einfluss von zacks in den USA ist enorm, habe ich häufiger erwähnt. Hab zwar nen paar Cent teurer gekauft als Du, aber in einem Jahr spielt das keine Rolle mehr.
ITWO ist eine 300% Chance, wer wie wir zwar nicht für 0,80 aber um 1,40 gekauft hat, darf ruhig ein Jahr auf 5 Dollar warten. Der Turnaround läuft mit Riesenschritten. Mein Kursziel meine ich völlig ernst, ich habe sehr viele Comebacks vieler alter Stars miterlebt, bei ITWO passt das Szenario.
Am besten ala Kostolany jetzt ein Jahr schlafen legen.

Gruss E.  

79561 Postings, 8951 Tage Kicky4.5 Millionen Volumen gestern,verdoppelt

10.10.03 09:45
Report sollte heute kommen
super Eskimato,freut mich deine Einschätzung  

79561 Postings, 8951 Tage KickyReport erwartet 16.October AMC

10.10.03 17:37
Unconfirmed Earnings Expected Thursday, Oct 16 ITWO
i2 Technologies Inc Q2 after market closed ,estimated Revenue$115.12M ,estimated EPS 0.00
www.knobias.com

79561 Postings, 8951 Tage KickyReport am 21.October after close of m. amtlich

13.10.03 20:33
i2 Technologies, Inc. (OTC:ITWO), the leading provider of end-to-end supply chain management solutions, today announced its intention to release earnings for the third quarter of 2003 on Tuesday, October 21, 2003, after the close of the stock market. Following the earnings release, Company management will host a conference call with analysts and investors. The call is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. CDT and will be open to the public via the company's Web site at .  

79561 Postings, 8951 Tage Kickygeht ab wie Schmidts Katze

17.10.03 00:07
+7,3% bie 3,65 Millionen Volumen auf 1,90
fragt sich nur wie der Report am Dienstag wird  

3947 Postings, 8481 Tage EskimatoKicky, egal.

17.10.03 00:31
ITWO ist Pflicht seit 3 Wochen, ich weiss es, Du schreibst es.
Ich kann mich noch gut an unsere Diskussion über Aspen Technologies z.B.erinnern, als Du lausiger Report geschrieben hattest....
Aspen hatte im Low 0,82, ITWO bei 0,52...

Was ist mit Aspen nach dem lausigen Report passiert? Will sagen, es wird gut ausgehen, so oder so, Kursziel 3 Dollar für ITWO zunächst, dann 5 Dollar, vorher geb ich keine weg. Und wenn es nach einem Jahr so weit ist, schreibe ich hier weiter.

Gruss E.

http://chart.bigcharts.com/bc3/quickchart/...6486&mocktick=1&rand=97"

http://chart.bigcharts.com/bc3/quickchart/...28&mocktick=1&rand=3196"  

79561 Postings, 8951 Tage Kickyerstmals 52-Wochen-Hoch bei 1,95 in USA

17.10.03 19:42
This is the 1st 52 WEEK HIGH alert for ITWO in the past 7 calendar days.

The share price for i2 Technologies Inc (OTC: ITWO) reached a new 52-week high today, trading at $1.950, up $0.050 (2.63%) from its previous close of $1.900.

The Company's previous 52-week high of $1.930 was set 319 days ago on December 02, 2002.

One year ago, the Company's shares closed at $0.690. The price has climbed more than 182 percent since then.

At the time of this alert, the stock had traded 345,900 shares via 62 trades, 91.97% below it's 20day average of 4,307,600 shares.

This new 52-week high currently puts the stock:

31.96% above its 20day Moving Average of $1.478
52.71% above its 50day Moving Average of $1.277
64.88% above its 100day Moving Average of $1.183

79561 Postings, 8951 Tage KickyWoolworth Australien wählt ITWO als Supply chain

22.10.03 16:17
Woolworth wählt ITWO als Supply Chain Solution Partner!

Woolworths Selects i2 as Strategic Supply Chain IT
Solutions Partner

Dallas and Sydney -- October 22, 2003
i2 Technologies, Inc. (OTC: ITWO), a leading provider of end-to-end supply chain management solutions, today announced that Woolworths Limited, Australia’s leading retailer, has selected i2 as its strategic supply chain IT solutions partner.

Since 1999 Woolworths has been engaged in a major business change program called Project Refresh, with a goal of reducing Woolworths’ cost of doing business. Through Project Refresh Level One, the cost of doing business as a percentage of sales has fallen dramatically. With Level One savings continuing to compound long-term, Woolworths is now focusing on achieving savings from Project Refresh Level Two, which includes investments to improve its supply chain over the next five years.

A key component of Project Refresh Level Two is a supply chain re-engineering initiative to be powered by i2 software designed to enable:

* Optimization of movement of inventory through the physical supply network to reduce lead times, costs and inventory
* Rapid re-optimization of replenishment plans for ambient, fresh, chilled and frozen items
* Supplier to store transportation optimization, planning and management
* Supply chain event monitoring and management
* Collaboration with suppliers
* Order management
* Master data management
* Reporting and analytics

An i2 customer since March 2000, Woolworths is currently live with i2 Demand Planner and Replenishment Planner. Woolworths uses Demand Planner to forecast distribution center stock requirements and Replenishment Planner to calculate store stocking needs. Woolworths reports that it has realized significant service improvements and inventory reductions to date.

“i2 is a recognized supply chain leader and was selected because of its proven people and solutions, demonstrated retail expertise and alignment with the Woolworths vision,” said Stephen Bradley, Woolworths, Ltd. CIO. “We have achieved impressive results with the i2 solutions that we have already implemented and believe that i2 has the knowledge, expertise and passion for delivering solid results and customer satisfaction. We believe that this makes them the best partner for us.”

The new agreement announced today was signed in the third quarter of 2003 and is subject to the completion of due diligence by Woolworths. It includes a suite of i2 Supply Chain Management solutions for retailers and provides for associated services to further develop the solutions to support Woolworths’ strategic supply chain vision. Tata Consulting Services (TCS) is included in a three-way agreement as an important partner to both Woolworths and i2 to jointly develop and provide ongoing support of a world class, end-to-end grocery retail supply chain solution based on best practice retail workflows designed to optimize the entire Woolworths supply chain.

“Woolworths is Australia’s most successful retailer, in part because of its ability to invest wisely in technology that continues to improve the bottom line,” said Paul Nobbs, i2 Country Manager, Australia. “It is rewarding to work with them because we share a common vision and enthusiasm for identifying inefficiencies and eliminating waste and duplication through the application of a smart supply chain strategy.”

###
dies ist Kaufzeit!

1161 Postings, 8509 Tage Pavian1Warum geht es heute so heftig runter? o. T.

22.10.03 16:27

79561 Postings, 8951 Tage Kickywegen dem Report gestern

22.10.03 16:50
war nicht gerade brillant im Vergleich zum 3.Quartal 2002 ,aber der Ausblick fürs 4.Quartal ist laut CEO gut  

79561 Postings, 8951 Tage KickyData Synchronisation zusammen mit Transora

24.10.03 19:22
i2 Technologies, Inc. (OTC:ITWO), a leading provider of end-to-end supply chain management solutions, and Transora, the leader in data synchronization and collaborative commerce technologies, today announced the completion of Transora's certification of i2 solutions on the Transora Data Synchronization Network. This certification verifies that the Transora Adapter, co-developed by i2 and Transora, can enable manufacturers of consumer packaged goods, hardlines and consumer electronics to gather and prepare item information required for data synchronization behind the firewall and then upload it to the Transora Data Synchronization Network for forwarding on to individual customers.

Data synchronization is becoming a business imperative. According to an AMR Research Report dated April 14, 2003, "data synchronization reduces the current level of (invoice and purchase order) errors by over 40%. It also lays the foundation for synchronizing price and promotion information, which will reduce the problems even further . . . ."

To address this challenge, i2 and Transora have co-developed an adapter that links the enterprise-wide i2 Product Content Management solution with Transora's Data Synchronization Network to streamline the process manufacturers use to maintain and load item information for data synchronization. The i2 solution is designed to enable manufacturers to extract item data from multiple internal systems, to aggregate, cleanse, load and enrich that data, and then to validate it using workflow and messaging tools. The co-developed adapter uses native integration which can allow manufacturers to publish the data through the Transora Data Synchronization Network as verified by the recent certification.

Once data is uploaded into the Transora Data Synchronization Network, Transora registers items with the UCCnet GLOBAL registry, and synchronizes data with country or retailer data pools, retailers, distributors and other third party service providers. The Transora Data Synchronization Network is a single point of connectivity to the Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN) and includes all the business intelligence and connectivity necessary to keep information in sync globally.

The complete process can allow manufacturers to provide the most accurate and updated information on price changes, promotions and new products to retailers and other distributors, while being able to leverage the same information internally for sales, marketing, manufacturing, R&D and other functions. Both manufacturers and retailers can benefit from the solutions and services provided by Transora and i2.

"Because of the robust nature of i2's content solution, Transora has taken a leadership position in data synchronization," said Ken Fleming, President and Chief Operating Officer, Transora. "The i2 offering can benefit our customers by helping them meet the growing data requirements of key trading partners and internal users, with a proven, scalable and multi-enterprise solution.

"In most cases, a behind the firewall (BTFW) data repository system is required because of the myriad of applications that either source or use the data," wrote Kara Romanow, senior research analyst, AMR Research, in an AMR Research Alert dated June 25, 2003. i2 provides "its Product Content Management system as an additional option for those companies seeking robust internal data repositories." The report went on to state that "i2 provides standard integrations into back-end applications . . . as well as data cleansing and normalization services, a clear differentiator in this industry."

"The Global Data Synchronization initiative has the potential to deliver significant cost savings and efficiencies. By combining the i2 Product Content Management solution and Data Cleansing Services with the industry expertise of Transora, we are helping deliver on this promise with a comprehensive solution for CPG manufacturers," said George Cannon, i2 senior vice president, Consumer Goods and Retail. "Our partnership with Transora addresses two key challenges of data synchronization -- the aggregation, cleansing and validation of data required before uploading to a catalogue and the transmission of the data to the Transora Data Synchronization Network."

About Transora

Transora is a standards-based, e-commerce software and services company specializing in data synchronization and collaborative commerce technologies that facilitate trade efficiencies, reduce the cost of commerce and streamline trading relationships among manufacturers, suppliers and retailers. With headquarters in Chicago, Transora's global operations include regional offices in Birmingham (UK), Sao Paolo, and Mexico City. To find out more about Transora, visit www.transora.com  

3947 Postings, 8481 Tage Eskimato@Kicky

01.11.03 20:53
Weisst Du noch als Du den lausigen Report von AZPN reingestellt hast?
Finde den alten Thread nicht.
Der Neue vom 29.10.03 hat es jetzt in sich, das wussten viele bestimmt schon früher und hatten sich eingedeckt, oder?

Quartalsgewinn von 0,01 auf 0,10. Du willst ja immer in Kürze die Würze.

Gruss E.  

79561 Postings, 8951 Tage KickyZusammenarbeit mit IBM in Spanien und mit

05.11.03 20:40
Sun Microsystems,dies eine Aktie ,die man auch mal länger halten kann!
BARCELONA, Spain & DALLAS, Nov 5, 2003 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- i2 Technologies, Inc. (OTC: ITWO), a leading provider of end-to-end supply chain management solutions, today announced that Spanish grocery retailer Caprabo has successfully completed the first phase of its deployment of i2 Retail solutions. Caprabo's goal in implementing i2 Retail solutions is to make the business more efficient and offer better customer service.

IBM has been a key contributor in the successful implementation of i2 solutions at Caprabo. IBM Business Consulting Services has collaborated with i2 to deliver the i2 Merchandise Planner business model design and the integration of i2 solutions with existing Caprabo systems. IBM intends to continue to provide Caprabo with business process and industry expertise to offer a complete solution that addresses specific Caprabo industry needs.

Caprabo has gone live with three core solutions from i2's Merchandise Planning suite: i2 Merchandise Planner, i2 Demand Planner and i2 Replenishment Planner.

--  i2 Merchandise Planner helps the entire Caprabo organization
       to develop more accurate budgets by integrating and managing
       business, financial and departmental plans. Additionally, it
       provides visibility of performance against plans and assists
       in assortment planning.

--  i2 Demand Planner is a powerful forecasting tool that is
       designed to improve customer service levels across all product
       categories. It allows Caprabo to tailor forecasts to a
       product's characteristics, i.e. fast or slow moving items,
       promotional lines or new product introductions.

--  i2 Replenishment Planner combined with i2 Demand Planner uses
       the forecasts to calculate optimized stock requirements for
       more than 7,000 items in three distribution centers (DCs) in
       the Catalonia and Madrid region, more than 60 percent of
       Caprabo's business. Based on these forecasts, the system
       automatically generates purchase orders and builds more
       complete truckloads for suppliers. This is designed to allow
       Caprabo to achieve the twin aims of reducing inventory and
       improving customer service levels. Testing in the two
       Catalonia based DCs -- Ciencas and Abrera -- has shown
       inventory reductions of eight to 20 per cent. In addition, the
       planners, who had previously been using transaction systems,
       inventory reports and spreadsheets, have seen significant
       productivity increases by using i2 Replenishment Planner.
       Caprabo is currently in the process of rolling out i2
       Replenishment Planner to all its distribution centers in
       Spain.

"We are very pleased with the initial results of the implementation; expectations are being exceeded," says Xavier Argente, CEO of Caprabo

Wednesday, November 05, 2003 11:30 ET

SANTA CLARA, Calif., Nov 5, 2003 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- Sun Microsystems (Nasdaq: SUNW) announced today a benchmark configuration with i2 Technologies, Inc. (OTC: ITWO) running i2 Service and Parts Management (SPM) on the Sun Fire(TM) 6800 midframe server. Testing i2 SPM on the bedrock of Sun technology -- the Solaris(TM) Operating System and UltraSPARC(R) architecture -- engineers simulated a time-phased forecast, inventory and replenishment plan for 10.1 million part locations, and generated an end-to-end plan over a 90-day horizon in one hour, 31 minutes, with peak planning throughput recorded at two-point-seven billion part location periods per hour. Today's announcement means a typical service supply chain business, channeling tens of thousands of items (SKUs) to hundreds of locations, can improve forecast accuracy, and optimize inventory required to meet customer demand and service level agreements.

i2 Service and Parts Management, a web-based solution, is designed to enable companies to maximize the utilization of parts, budgets and facilities to reach key performance objectives such as high customer service, low operating costs, improved margins and overall market leadership. Leveraging the solution on the Solaris OS can provide high availability and scalability, so businesses can have peace-of-mind knowing the right parts are on hand in the right location at the right time. To accomplish this task, i2 SPM utilizes business logic specific to the service and aftermarket parts industry with a three-tiered workflow:

1)    Forecasting -- i2 SPM can forecast demand for spare parts based on
         historical data, equipment usage and failure rates;
   2)    Inventory Planning -- i2 SPM can set target inventory levels for
         service parts based on cost, parts criticality and budgetary
         constraints; and,
   3)    Replenishment Planning -- i2 SPM can generate replenishment plans
         that consider the forecast for repairable and returned parts, as
         well as the possibility of substituting alternate parts.

Several real-world scenarios, ranging from two million to 10 million part locations, were tested running i2 Service and Parts Management v6.0.3 on two Sun Fire 6800 midframe servers with 24 x 1050 MHz CPU power and Sun StorEdge(TM) T3 arrays (with 9 x 72 GB drives per array). The complete planning process (including forecasting, inventory and replenishment planning) was accomplished in one hour, 31 minutes. Significantly, the replenishment planning process was successfully completed within 20 minutes with only 24 CPUs; and helps demonstrate the i2 SPM capabilities for timely solving large scale service parts and retail replenishment planning problems running on the SPARC/Solaris platform.

The benchmark was generated in Sun's Newark, Calif., Customer Benchmark Center to emulate typical supply planning needs of the world's largest distribution and parts management centers. Benchmark results can be highly influential as customers weigh price and performance -- along with trust, reliability and ROI -- when selecting mission critical solutions to power their business.  

Antwort einfügen - nach oben